If you have a medical emergency:
If you are in the Graduate Center, call Security at x7777 immediately. They can get help to you the fastest.
For an emergency outside of The Graduate Center, we recommend that you first call 911, which can provide the necessary service to help you and, if indicated, transport you to an emergency room.
If you determine that you can safely seek emergency care on your own, there are numerous emergency services located in major medical facilities throughout New York City - see below for a range of locations across the five boroughs.
- New York (NYP-Cornell) Downtown Hospital, 70 William Street, (212) 312-5063
- Mount Sinai West (Roosevelt) Hospital, 1000 10th Avenue, (212) 523-4000
- Mount Sinai Beth Israel Hospital, First Avenue at 16th Street, (212) 420-2840
- NYU Langone Medical Center, 550 1st Avenue, (212) 263-5550
- Mount Sinai Medical Center, 1190 Fifth Avenue (East Harlem), (212) 241-6500
- New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, 525 East 68th Street, (212) 746-0795
- Columbia University Medical Center, 622 West 168th Street, (212) 305-6204
- Coney Island Hospital, 2601 Ocean Parkway, (718) 616-3000
- New York Presbyterian Methodist Hospital, 506 Sixth Street, (718) 780-3137, or (718) 780-3148
- Montefiore Medical Center, 111 East 210th Street, (718) 741-2000
- Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center, 234 East 149th Street, (718) 579-5000
- Mount Sinai Queens, 2510 30th Avenue (Astoria), (718) 267-4285
- Elmhurst Hospital Center, 79-01 Broadway, (718) 334-4000
- Staten Island University Hospital, NORTH SITE: 475 Seaview Avenue, (718) 226-9000
- Staten Island University Hospital, SOUTH SITE: 375 Seguine Avenue, (718) 226-2000
Urgent Care Facilities & Walk-In Clinics (near the GC)
Please note: in addition to the free-standing facilities below, most major medical centers in New York City also offer Urgent Care services within their hospitals.
CVS Minute Clinic
222 East 34th Street Between 2nd And 3rd Ave.
New York, NY 10016
Virtual Care available
City MD Urgent Care
561 3rd Ave. (at 37th Street), New York, NY 10016
Virtual Care available
Mount Sinai Doctors-East 34th Street
55 E. 34th Street (at Park Avenue)
Services include primary care, urgent care, cardiology, endocrinology, dermatology, otolaryngology, gastroenterology, gynecology, ophthalmology, orthopedic, or urology medical services or surgery consult. Walk-ins welcome, or request a same-day appointment by calling 1-844-463-2778 or booking online. Open Monday-Friday 8am-8pm.
Mount Sinai Hospital: Internal Medicine Associates Urgent Care
17 East 102nd Street (7th Floor, Walk-in Clinic Area D)
(212) 659-8551 (option #1 for urgent appointment; option #3 for triage nurse)
Most insurance accepted. For uninsured patients, sliding scale fees based on income; proof of income & residence required. Open Monday-Thursday 8am-7pm, and Friday 8am-5pm. Triage nurse available via phone if unsure about seeking medical care for a health issue.
Mount Sinai Upper West Side Urgent Care
638 Columbus Avenue, New York NY 10024
Mount Sinai Video Urgent Care
NewYork-Presbyterian Virtual Urgent Care
Samuels Orthopedic Immediate Care Center
301 East 17th Street New York, NY 10003
Open everyday 8:00am-10:30pm