One Stop Services
Congratulations and welcome to The Graduate Center!
This One Stop Services page has been developed to guide you through a range of new student tasks. Please review the information below to be sure you have completed all necessary steps prior to the start of the semester. Questions should be directed to the relevant offices. General questions can be sent to email@example.com.
Please review the information that pertains to you:
All Doctoral and Master’s Students
If you are a master’s student or a doctoral student with a Tuition Fellowship only or have funding from outside of the Graduate Center, you do not need to complete the Human Resources Paperwork. All new students should review the list below of other administrative services.
Things to do after being admitted:
Doctoral Student Fellowship Recipients
Please note that recipients of multi-year fellowships (Graduate Center Fellows, CUNY Science Scholars, Science Fellows, Provost's Enhancement Fellows, and Neuroscience Fellows) and all new one-year Graduate Assistant B or Graduate Assistant D fellowship recipients must complete Graduate Assistant New Hire Paperwork detailed below.
Once you submit the required forms, you will be contacted by Human Resources to schedule a brief I-9 Verification Meeting online between August 10 and August 21.
Multi-Year Fellowship Recipients
Instructions for Graduate Assistantship Appointments
If you have a fellowship with a Graduate Assistantship please complete the forms listed below and save them to your files.
Once you have completed the necessary forms and made scans of your I-9 documents, please submit the forms through the One Stop Virtual Drop Off Service.
You will need your Graduate Center login credentials to access the upload site, you should have received this information in a separate email. Do not submit the forms below by email, they contain personal information and should only be submitted using the secure virtual drop off link.
If you have questions about the forms, you can contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.The Human Resources Office will be onboarding new graduate assistants between August 10-21, you are advised to submit your materials prior to August 10th. The Human Resources Office has provided the following presentation to review: HR Orientation.
Forms to complete and submit:
For information about NYSHIP Health Insurance, please see the 2020 NYSHIP Benefits document, the sample enrollment form, and the coverage and provider list.
Human Resources Informational Materials:
- I-9 Instructions and Information
- Graduate Assistant Fact Sheet
- Insurance Marketplace and Employer Healthcare Information
- Memo on Compliance with Federal Employment Eligibility Certification Procedures
- Payroll Calendar
- Release of Information Memo
- Commuter card link: https://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/hr/benefits/transit-benefit-senior-colleges-central-office-edenred/
- Union Membership Information
- Workload Reporting Form (this form does not need to be submitted now, you will be asked to submit it later in the semester)
- Graduate Assistant Workload Information
- Graduate Assistantship Rights and Benefits (PSC CUNY)
- As a graduate student-worker, your wages, benefits, and working conditions are negotiated and defended by your union, the Professional Staff Congress [psc-cuny.org] (PSC), which represents 30,000 faculty and staff at CUNY and the CUNY Research Foundation. To become a member of the union you must sign a membership authorization card online [psc-cuny.org]. The Graduate Center Chapter invites you to learn more at one of its paid union orientation Zoom sessions on August 20, 21, 24, or 25, for which you can register here [tinyurl.com].