Fall Enrollment: Application due April 15
Spring Enrollment: Application due November 1
In order to be eligible for admission, applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or its international equivalent. Successful applicants generally have a cumulative overall GPA of 3.0 (B average) or higher.
Applicants are not required to submit GRE scores.
Applicants must submit the following materials:
- A $75 non-refundable application fee: The application fee is waived for United States Armed Services Veterans, and McNair Scholars.
- An application statement. Prospective students must submit an application statement through the Graduate Center's online application system.
- Higher Education transcripts: Transcripts must be submitted from each college or university attended even if you did not complete a degree or did not enroll in courses in your current field. International applicants who submit transcripts not issued in English must also include a certified English transcript accompanying the transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation: Please provide the email address and contact information for at least two academic or professional references who can appraise your academic or professional achievement and promise. The letters of recommendation must be submitted by the admmissions deadline.
- International Applicants - English Proficiency: Applicants must submit scores from either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) unless they have a post-secondary degree from an institution in which the language of instruction is English-only and located in a country that recognizes English as an Official Language.
Please consult the Graduate Center website for upcoming admissions deadlines and requirements. Prospective students may apply using these application instructions and forms. International applicants must review the International Students page for additional requirements and assistance.