Industrial/Organizational Psychology Admissions
All applications to the I/O psychology Ph.D. program are made through the Graduate Center at https://app.applyyourself.com/AYApplicantLogin/fl_ApplicantConnectLogin.asp?id=cunygc
Students may apply with a baccalaureate degree, or may apply after having taken graduate courses elsewhere.
The admission requirements are as follows:
The program does not make exceptions to the admissions requirements. Applicants need to submit all of the required materials by the application deadline of December 1st of each year.
- Applicants need to have completed at least 15 credits in psychology including:
- a course in research methods or experimental psychology
- a course in I/O psychology or an equivalent (e.g., human resources, organizational behavior, or applied psychology)
- a course in statistics
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test.
- The college code of the Graduate Center for reporting GRE scores is 2113.
- Do not submit GRE scores or other application material to the Psychology Department or to Baruch College.
- Transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate intuitions attended.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A three page maximum statement of the candidate.
The program does not accept transfer credit from terminal masters programs. Transfer credit from another Ph.D. program is considered on a case by case basis.
A telephone interview may be required prior to admission. This interview allows the admission committee to make a more comprehensive assessment of the applicant.
For more information, please contact the I/O Training Program Admissions Coordinator Dr. Yochi Cohen-Charash.
Dr. Yochi Cohen-Charash