Composition & rhetoric, particularly in relation to queer theory and performance/performativity studies; sociolinguistics; educational history (19th & 20th c. British and American)/archival studies/writing program administration/writing curriculum design & pedagogy.
· Queer LIteracies: Discourses & Discontents. Lanham, MD: Lexington Books (imprint of Rowman and Littlefield), 2019.
Teacher Training at Cambridge: The Initiatives of Oscar Browning and Elizabeth Hughes, co-authored with Dr. Pam Hirsch, Cambridge University. London. Woburn Press, 2004.
Peer Reviewed Journals/Book Chapters:
· “Queerying the First-Year Composition Student (and Teacher): A Democratizing Endeavor” with Tara Pauliny in Queer Landscapes: Mapping Space(s) of Praxis and Pedagogy Eds., James E. Wermers, Elizabeth McNeil, and J. Oakleaf Lunn. Palgrave Macmillan Queer Studies in Education. (2018)
· “An Apologia and a Way Forward: In Defense of the Lecturer Line in Writing Programs” (with Tim McCormack) Contingency, Exploitation, and Solidarity. (Eds.) Seth Kahn, Bill Lalicker, and Amy Lynch-Biniek. WAC Clearinghouse. (2017) Web: https://wac.colostate.edu/books/contingency/chapter3.pdf[wac.colostate.edu]
· “John Jay College of Criminal Justice First Year Writing Program” with Tim McCormack. Writing Program Architecture: Thirty Cases for Reference and Research. (Eds.) Bryna Siegel Finer and Jamie White-Farnham. Boulder, CO: University Press of Colorado. (2017)
· "Equal Opportunity Programming & Optimistic Program Assessment: First-Year Writing Program Design and Assessment at John Jay College of Criminal Justice” (with Tim McCormack) Composition Forum 33 (Spring 2016): n. pgs. Web: http://compositionforum.com/issue/33/jjccj.php[compositionforum.com]
· “Revising by Numbers: An Evaluation from the Innumerate” in Journal of Response to Writing 1.2 (August 2015) Web: http://www.journalrw.org/index.php/jrw/article/view/26[journalrw.org]
· Enacting Eve: A Testimonial in “The Turn to Performance” CCC Online 1.1 (January 2012) Web: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8552537/ccconline/issue1-1/public-toc/index.html[dl.dropbox.com]>
· 2013 Distinguished Teaching Award, John Jay College of Criminal Justice
· 2013 Conference of College Composition & Communication Writing Program Certificate of Excellence
· 2007 Conference of Basic Writing National Award for Innovation in Basic Writing Curriculum.