Zoom video conferencing
Zoom video conferencing services are now available to all GC faculty, and staff. Zoom is a cloud-based, full featured, video and audio conferencing service which allows online collaboration. The service is used for online teaching, training, remote support, audio calls, and meetings. The service allows participants to engage in synchronous online meetings from a conference room solution, a mobile device, personal computer, or phone. Participating via a smart phone or computer will allow the users to share both live video and share content from the device.
To request a Zoom account, please fill out the New Zoom Account Request Form.
Main features include:
Please note, it is not necessary to have a Zoom account in order to join and participate in meetings. An account is only needed if you wish to host your own meetings.
- Real-time high-definition video/audio conferencing using your computer or mobile device
- Up to 300 participants for meetings and 500 for webinars
- Screen sharing, Instant Messaging
- Group Collaboration, Interviews
- Virtual Class Meetings
- Online Office Hours
- Off-Campus Guest Speakers
- Video recording with cloud storage (14 days retention policy).
- And more
Click here for more information regarding best practices, GC Zoom backgrounds, security and privacy, available documentation, and free training sessions available.
Submitted on: MAY 8, 2020
Category: IT - Announcement