Update on Our Reopening Status from the Office of Finance and Administration
- All News
- Update on Our Reopening Status from the Office of Finance and Administration
Dear Graduate Center Community,
While it has been widely broadcast that the first phase of New York City’s reopening begins today, I write to let you know that The Graduate Center's status is unchanged. We are not open for “business as usual.” Phase I of New York City's reopening does not extend to schools. You can see details about New York City’s phased reopening here.
Faculty, staff, and students who need to come to The Graduate Center’s building or to the Advanced Science Research Center must follow our current coronavirus procedures:
- Notify a supervisor in advance
- Notify public safety in advance, informing them of the date and time of your arrival by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check in at the front desk upon arrival
- Follow all safety and social distancing protocols required in the building. This includes wearing a cloth face covering or a mask in all public areas, maintaining a safe social distance of at least six feet away from other people, and keeping your hands clean
- If you are experiencing mild to moderate symptoms (cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, muscle loss, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell), stay home
The Graduate Center is convening a reopening committee, and more information will be available soon.
Learn more about The Graduate Center's coronavirus response on our website and see CUNY's coronavirus updates online.
Thank you for following these rules for the safety of our entire community.
Brian A. Peterson
Interim Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration
Submitted on: JUN 8, 2020
Category: COVID-19 | General GC News