GC Alumni Awards
Left to right: Carrie Rebora Barratt, Linda H. Malkas, Nelson J. Flores, Patricia A. Stapleton,
Dána-Ain Davis, and Caroline Chamberlin Hellman.
It is with great pleasure that The Graduate Center announces the winners of the 2020 Alumni Awards, which recognize excellent achievement by alumni in their fields and beyond. You are encouraged to nominate exceptional alumni for future consideration!
Contact GCAlumni@gc.cuny.edu if you have questions. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the ceremony at The Graduate Center has been postponed to an undetermined date to be announced later this year.
2020 ALUMNI ACHIEVEMENT AWARD:
- Carrie Rebora Barratt (Ph.D. ’90, Art History), Chief Executive Officer & The William C. Steere Sr. President of The New York Botanical Garden
- Linda H. Malkas (Ph.D. ’85, Biochemistry), M.T. & B.A. Ahmadinia Professor in Molecular Oncology; Dean, Translational Science, External Affairs, City of Hope National Medical Center; Professor and Associate Chairman of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope
2020 GRADUATE OF THE LAST DECADE (GOLD) AWARD:
- Nelson J. Flores (Ph.D. ’12, Urban Education), Associate Professor, Educational Linguistics Division, University of Pennsylvania
- Patricia A. Stapleton (Ph.D. ’12, Political Science), Political Scientist, RAND Corporation
2020 CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK (CUNY) AWARD:
- Dána-Ain Davis (Ph.D. ’01, Anthropology), Professor of Urban Studies at Queens College and on the faculty of the PhD Programs in Anthropology and Critical Psychology at The Graduate Center; Director of The Center for the Study of Women and Society at The Graduate Center
- Caroline Chamberlin Hellman (Ph.D. ’07, English), Professor of English, New York City College of Technology (City Tech), CUNY
GC Alumni Award Committee Members
- Bruce Altschuler (Ph.D. 1981, Political Science)
- Herman Berliner (Ph.D. 1970, Economics)
- Kristopher Burrell (Ph.D. 2011, History)
- Peter V. Cobb (Ph. D. 1972, Mathematics)
- Margaret Connors McQuade (Ph.D. 2005, Art History)
- Lyn Hill (Ph.D. 1982, Theatre)
- Chirag Raval (Ph.D. 2012, Biomedical Engineering)