Alumni FAQ

Can GC alumni use the Mina Rees Library?

GC alumni are extended free lifetime access to the Graduate Center Mina Rees Library with a valid GC alumni card. Get your GC alumni card from the Security Office, room 9124; 212-817-7777. With this card, alumni enjoy borrowing privileges from the GC library and on-site access to the full set of GC Library databases, ebooks, and other e-resources.

In addition, the GC Library sponsors a limited set of e-resources for off-site use. Alumni are invited to register for free access.

If you have registered, and you forget your alumni library user ID and/or password, contact

Can I keep my GC email account after graduation?

Existing student email accounts in the Microsoft-hosted student email domain continue indefinitely. Please visit IT Services for more information concerning Policies and Procedures.

Does the Graduate Center offer Dossier Services?

Yes, the Graduate Center has partnered with the credentials management service, Interfolio Inc., to offer current and former students a more efficient and effective way of managing dossier files. Interfolio is the easiest and most affordable way to store and deliver application materials. For more information, please visit the website at Please contact the Office of Student Affairs at 212-817-7400 or by email for more information about this service.

How do I audit courses at the Graduate Center?

Anyone can audit courses at the Graduate Center. Please contact the Registrar's Office at 212-817-7500 or by email at for more information.

How do I obtain a GC alumni ID card?

To obtain a Graduate Center alumni ID card, please contact the Security Office at 212-817-7777 or visit their office (room 9124) on the 9th floor of the Graduate Center.

How do I obtain an official transcript?

Visit the Transcript Requests page for details.

How do I update my address or share news about myself?

The easiest way to update your contact information is via the GC Alumni Contact Information form. You may also contact us at 212-817-7130 or by email at

To share news about you with Graduate Center community such as new book publications, academic or professional achievements, and other interesting stories, please complete the News Submission form

Where I do purchase academic or commencement gowns?

To purchase attire, order online at Herff Jones Inc. or contact Paul Reilly at Herff Jones. Phone: (516) 781- 0348 | Fax: (516) 781-0349 |

How do I replace my lost or destroyed diploma?

In the event the original diploma has been lost or destroyed, a new diploma will be issued as a duplicate and will bear a notation to that effect. The duplicate diploma fee is $30.00 USD. Please send a written request along with a payment by check or money order payable to GSUC/CUNY to the Registrar's Office for processing.

Registrar's Office
The Graduate Center CUNY
365 Fifth Avenue, Room 7201
New York, NY 10016 

Registrar's Office (212) 817-7500 |