Vladimir Rosenhaus has worked on a range of topics in theoretical high energy physics. His current research is focused on the intersection of quantum field theory and chaos.
Quantum field theory is a broad and successful framework which forms the theoretical underpinning of much of modern particle physics, quantum gravity, and condensed matter physics. What is the role of chaos in quantum field theory? Specific applications of interest include the dynamics of the thermalization process, a characterization of what it means for a quantum field theory to be close to integrable, the role of chaos in high energy scattering, and a qualitative and quantitative understanding of strongly coupled quantum field theories.
Rosenhaus’s past work includes: solving and generalizing a model of quantum many-body chaos (the SYK model), the demonstration of chaos in scattering in string theory, results on kinematics of conformal field theories, the study of emergence of bulk locality in holographic duality (the correspondence between gravitational theories and quantum field theories), and computations of entanglement entropy in quantum field theory.
Before joining The Graduate Center, Rosenhaus was a member at the Institute for Advanced Study, and a postdoc at The Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics.
- D. J. Gross and V. Rosenhaus, “Chaotic scattering of highly excited strings,” JHEP 05 (2021) 048, arXiv:2103.15301 [hep-th].
- V. Rosenhaus, “Chaos in the QFT S-matrix,” arXiv:2003.07381 [hep-th].
- V. Rosenhaus, “Multipoint Conformal Blocks in the Comb Channel,” JHEP 02 (2019) 142 , arXiv:1810.03244 [hep-th].
- V. Rosenhaus, “An introduction to the SYK model,” J. Phys. A 52 (2019) 323001, arXiv:1807.03334 [hep-th].
- D. J. Gross and V. Rosenhaus, “All point correlation functions in SYK,” JHEP 12 (2017) 148, arXiv:1710.08113 [hep-th]
- D. J. Gross and V. Rosenhaus, “A Generalization of Sachdev-Ye-Kitaev,” JHEP 02 (2017) 093, arXiv:1610.01569 [hep-th].
- J. Polchinski and V. Rosenhaus, “The Spectrum in the Sachdev-Ye-Kitaev Model,” JHEP 04 (2016) 001, arXiv:1601.06768 [hep-th].
- E. Mintun, J. Polchinski, and V. Rosenhaus, “Bulk-Boundary Duality, Gauge Invariance, and Quantum Error Correction,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 115 no. 15, (2015) 151601, arXiv:1501.06577 [hep-th].
- S.-J. Rey and V. Rosenhaus, “Scanning Tunneling Macroscopy, Black Holes, and AdS/CFT Bulk Locality,” JHEP 07 (2014) 050, arXiv:1403.3943 [hep-th].
- V. Rosenhaus and M. Smolkin, “Entanglement Entropy: A Perturbative Calculation,” JHEP 12 (2014) 179, arXiv:1403.3733 [hep-th].
View Professor Rosenhaus' full list of publications.