The City University of New York has opened its search for the next president of The Graduate Center, as announced by CUNY Chancellor Félix V. Matos Rodriguez and Board Chair William C. Thompson Jr.
The Graduate Center is a leader in public graduate education devoted to enhancing the public good through pioneering research, serious learning, and reasoned debate. The Graduate Center offers ambitious students more than 40 doctoral and master’s programs of the highest caliber taught by top faculty from throughout CUNY.
Through its nearly 40 centers, institutes, initiatives and the Advanced Science Research Center (ASRC), The Graduate Center influences public policy and discourse, and shapes innovation by promoting interdisciplinary research, facilitating collaboration and supporting students, postdoctoral appointments, and visiting scholars. Its extensive public programs make it a home for culture and conversation.
The Graduate Center’s University Center also provides an administrative home for five University programs: the Craig Newmark Graduate School of Journalism at CUNY; CUNY Baccalaureate for Unique and Interdisciplinary Studies; CUNY Graduate School of Public Health & Health Policy; the CUNY School of Labor and Urban Studies; the CUNY School of Professional Studies; and Macaulay Honors College.
This website is designed to provide candidates and members of The Graduate Center community with information about the search process. Please check back for news and updates.
Presidential Search Committee
The Graduate Center Presidential Search Committee members are:
- Honorable Jill O'Donnell-Tormey, Committee Chair, Member, CUNY Board of Trustees
- Honorable Michael Arvanites, Member, CUNY Board of Trustees
- Honorable Henry Berger, Member, CUNY Board of Trustees
- Michelle Anderson, Esq., President, Brooklyn College
- Peter H. Darrow, Chair, The Graduate Center Foundation Board of Trustees
- Herman Bennett, Professor, History and Humanities/The Graduate Center
- Jeff Maskovsky, Professor, Anthropology/The Graduate Center
- Brian Gibney, Associate Professor, Chemistry/The Graduate Center
- Ofelia García, Professor Emerita, Urban Education and Latin American, Iberian and Latino Cultures/ The Graduate Center
- Roderick Hurley, Student Representative, The Graduate Center
- Raj Korpan, Student Representative, The Graduate Center
- Alison Parks, Student Representative, The Graduate Center (through 5/31/19)
- Maite Junco, Vice Chancellor for Communications & Marketing / CUNY
The search firm assisting the committee in conducting the search and establishing the criteria for candidates is Isaacson, Miller.
Share Your Thoughts
To assist the committee and the search firm, an electronic survey has been developed through which The Graduate Center community can submit its input and recommend candidates. All members of The Graduate Center community are invited to participate in this short survey.
Kimberly McBryan (firstname.lastname@example.org) in The Graduate Center’s Office of the President is the search liaison.