Procedure for Moving or Salvaging GC Equipment

To Have Equipment Moved

Department Heads who require Graduate Center equipment to be moved from one location to another within the Graduate Center must contact IT Services either at or ext. 7300.

To Salvage Outdated/Obsolete Graduate Center Equipment

Department Heads who require equipment to be salvaged should contact the Property Management Office at IT and the PMO will arrange to have the outdated/obsolete equipment salvaged and removed from the premises. The PMO will then update the Graduate Center’s “INSITE” tracking system database to reflect the change in the disposition of the equipment.

According to today’s regulatory standards, the salvaging vendor will remove sensitive data off hard drives safely and securely.