Media Access to Building
• The Director of Public Safety notifies via email the Office of Communications and Marketing when members of the media are present in the building.
• Notification will include:
• When the Director of Media Relations schedules an interview of a GC principal to take place at the GC, the Director of Public Safety and the Director of Facilities will be notified via email.
◦ When members of the media arrive to the GC they must sign in at the public safety desk and present press credentials. The GC public safety officer will issue the media representative a press visitor badge that must be displayed at all times during the visit.
◦ When the media representative exits the GC s/he will turn in the press visitor badge to the public safety desk.
◦ When an interview is to be conducted in the Library, a request via email from the Office of Media Relations will be submitted to the Chief Librarian and to the Director of Facilities.
• The Director of Media Relations will notify via email the Director of Public Safety when an event is scheduled that media is expected to attend.
• If media show up at the Graduate Center without a scheduled appointment, the Office of Public Safety will notify the Director of Media Relations immediately. The Director of Media Relations should be called by Public Safety at Ext. 7283 on by cell phone at 917-733-7283.
• If rallies or demonstrations occur outside the GC on the sidewalk in front of the building, Public Safety should notify the Office of Media Relations immediately via email and by phone.
• The Director of Media Relations is responsible for managing press during GC sponsored events. If a C&M staff member is not present at a GC sponsored event and media is attending, the event coordinator and/or Office of Public Safety will respond to media requests for support.
• The Office of Media Relations with the Office of Public Safety will maintain regular communications on all matters relating to media access to the GC building.