Zoom Web & Video Conferencing
IT offers the Zoom web-conferencing platform to all GC faculty, and staff to help you communicate and collaborate with colleagues and peers across campus or the world. Its highly accessible features allow you to attend video or audio meetings, hold webinars, share presentations and transfer files, teach and attend online classes in real time, and much more. Meetings can be joined from desktop computers, laptops, tablets, or smartphones. Sessions can be recorded so those who cannot attend can still benefit from this tool.
All active CUNY students, faculty and staff should use their CUNY Login credentials to access Zoom at https://cuny.zoom.us
If you do not have CUNYfirst credentials and need access to a GC Zoom account, please fill out this form.
Please note, it is not necessary to have a Zoom account in order to join and participate in meetings. An account is only needed if you wish to host your own meetings.
- Real-time high-definition video/audio conferencing using your computer or mobile device
- Up to 300 participants for meetings and 500 for webinars
- Screen sharing, Instant Messaging
- Group Collaboration, Interviews
- Virtual Class Meetings
- Online Office Hours
- Off-Campus Guest Speakers
- Video recording with cloud storage (14 days retention policy).
- And more
GC Zoom Backgrounds
Communications and Marketing has created virtual backgrounds for the GC community to use for more information on how to download and use them please go to the GC Zoom Backgrounds page.
Information is readily available online, including:
Security and Privacy
Worried about unruly participants intentionally (or unintentionally) disrupting your session, or the privacy of your meeting, or of your participants? You can protect your virtual space by using some of the Zoom controls at right. Please see additional information online.
- Don’t post Zoom links on a public website or social media.
- Don’t use your personal meeting ID for meetings.
- Always schedule your meetings by logging into the GC Zoom website where you’ll have access to all the security features included with Zoom.
- Set up a meeting for each Zoom session for your class/meeting sessions. Reusing Zoom meeting IDs creates better odds that the Meeting ID may have been shared on the open web.
- Avoid using the “Start A Meeting” or “Instant Meeting” option as it does not give you the opportunity to modify the meeting settings.
For Graduate Center technology and media support, work orders can be initiated via:
Emergency calls to 212-817-7300 are received:
- Monday - Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. when fall and spring classes are in session
- Monday -Thursday between the hours of 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. during summer session