College Assistant/Bursar Assistant
- Job Class: Support Staff
- Job ID Number: IS-12-14
- Department: School of Professional Studies
- Location: SPS: School of Professional Studies
- Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Since its inception in 2003, the School of Professional Studies of the City University of New York
(CUNY SPS) has launched fifteen degrees: nine bachelor's degrees open to students with 24 or
more college credits who wish to complete their undergraduate studies, and six master's degrees,
with more programs currently in development. CUNY SPS leads the University in developing and
operating online degree programs, and trains faculty throughout CUNY in online instruction. CUNY
SPS is also the home of the Joseph S. Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies,
which offers higher education programs for working adults and union members, and serves as a
nationally-recognized center for scholarship and resources for labor, academic, and community
leaders seeking a deeper understanding of labor and urban issues.
SPS is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter to operate in the Bursar’s Office on a part-time basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Bursar Enrollment Manager, the Bursar Assistant will:
- Provide high level customer service to students via all methods of valid communication.
- Identify, prioritize, and resolve billing and payment inquiries and issues related to students’ accounts.
- Assist in preparing and mailing notifications.
- Utilize CUNY SIMS, SFA, and Microsoft Office for entering and managing data entry and extraction.
- Provide analysis and recommendations to improve processes and procedures as necessary.
-Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma
-Bachelor degree with a minimum of one year experience in financial operations or customer service-oriented position preferred.
-Must be proficient in, web-enabled communication and Microsoft Office.
-Experience in E-Sims, CUNY Portal, registration systems and financial aid systems preferred.
-Strong communication and negotiation skills as well as the ability to work collaboratively so as to interact effectively with students, faculty, staff and program participants.
-Energetic, well organized and patient with a blend of technical and analytical skills, initiative, and independence.
-Prioritize, establish and meet goals. Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based, and customer service-oriented environment is preferred.
$15.00 - $18.00 per hour
20 hours per week
How To Apply
Please send Resume, Cover Letter, and the names of 3 Professional References Electronically to:
SPS College Assistant/Bursar Assistant Search
CUNY School of Professional Studies
119 West 31st Street – 1st Floor
New York, NY 10001
Email Address: Leah.firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.
Selected applicants must pay fingerprint and filing fees (full-time CUNY students are excluded from fingerprint fee)
- All prospective candidates must be able to be certified as eligible to work under the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
- The Graduate School and University Center verifies education and experience statements.