Academic Program Specialist - Academic Operations (School of Professional Studies)
- Job Class: Managerial/Professional
- Job ID Number: 10844
- Department: School of Professional Studies
- Location: SPS: School of Professional Studies
- Closing Date: JUL 11, 2014
Click Here to Apply
Campus Specific Information
Since 2003, the School of Professional Studies of the City University of New York
(CUNY SPS) has launched fifteen degrees: nine bachelor's degrees open to students with 24 or more college credits who wish to complete their undergraduate studies, and six master's degrees, with more programs currently in development. CUNY SPS leads the University in developing and operating online degree programs, and trains faculty throughout CUNY in online instruction. CUNY SPS is also the home of the Joseph S. Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies, which offers higher education programs for working adults and union members, and serves as a nationally-recognized center for scholarship and resources for labor, academic, and community leaders seeking a deeper understanding of labor and urban issues.
CUNY SPS is seeking an Academic Program Specialist in Academic Operations to support administrative and academic operations in a variety of programs. The Academic Program Specialist will report to the Director of Academic Operations with responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Support accreditation processes for new programs/degrees.
- Assist with restructuring processes for existing certificate programs and development of new offerings.
- Provide advisement and faculty support to new and existing programs.
- Assist with program evaluation and assessment.
- Serve as a deputy to the Director of Academic Operations on external committees
Participates in the daily coordination of academic and administrative activities of a College's specialized academic program under management direction.
- Supports program development, student service delivery, outcome evaluation and instructor/student recruitment, enrollment, and retention.
- Recommends, implements and evaluates strategies to expand program offerings
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
- Develops and maintains relationships with various College offices to improve student and faculty services
- Serves as resource expert regarding program policies and procedures
- Oversees office recordkeeping; manages updates of program web and print materials
- May supervise office operations and/or department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required.
- Master's degree preferred
- At least four years' experience providing academic and administrative support in an urban public university setting preferred
- Proven experience with state accreditation processes preferred
- Proven experience with internal CUNY program and degree approval processes preferred
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to follow established processes
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, demanding, and complex work environment, with the ability to carry out complex assignments and adapt to changing situations and priorities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong computer skills necessary
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How To Apply
Please apply using the link below:
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
***If you are unable to upload your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for and that you have submitted your application online.***
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.