Manager, Enrollment Development (Enrollment Manager) – Joseph S. Murphy Institute
- Job Class: Managerial/Professional
- Job ID Number: 9645
- Department: School of Professional Studies
- Location: SPS/JSM: School of Professional Studies/Joseph S. Murphy Institute
- Closing Date: FEB 23, 2014
Campus Specific Information
Since its inception in 2003, the School of Professional Studies of the City University of New York (CUNY SPS) has launched fourteen degrees - eight bachelor's degrees open to students with 24 or more
college credits who wish to complete their undergraduate studies, and six master's degrees, and more
programs are currently in development. CUNY SPS leads the University in developing and operating
online degree programs, and trains faculty throughout CUNY in online instruction. CUNY SPS is also
the home of the Joseph S. Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies, which offers
higher education programs for working adults and union members, and serves as a nationally recognized
center for scholarship and resources for labor, academic, and community leaders seeking a
deeper understanding of labor and urban issues.
The Joseph S. Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies is a collaboration between the
University and New York City labor unions, for the purpose of serving the educational, policy, and
research needs of unions and their members. The mission of the Institute is to: 1) offer undergraduate
and graduate programs to labor and urban studies; 2) expand working adult student access to colleges
throughout the CUNY system; 3) partner with labor unions and employers to address training and
education needs of union members; and 4) serve the labor and broader community by conducting
research, offering leadership development programs, hosting forums and national conferences, and
publishing articles, books, and a national labor journal to promote debate on issues critical to labor's
future and its policy role.
Reporting to the Director of the Murphy Institute or his/her designee, the Manager of Enrollment
- Manages the development of Institute-wide student recruitment activities and strategies.
- Recommends and reviews new student enrollment targets.
- Develops close working relationships with unions and employers to enroll students in Murphy Institute
- Liaisons to the School of Professional Studies, as well as with other CUNY units, to enroll students in
the Institute's worker education and workforce development programs.
- Develops close working relationships with all unit teams in Urban Studies, Labor Studies, and Worker
Education to develop and implement program-specific recruiting and pre-admissions activities.
- Manages recruitment budget.
- Reports on recruitment outcomes, strategies, and recommends improvements.
Manages a College Enrollment function or unit.
- Oversees daily office activities and staff development to ensure efficient and effective enrollment
- Assists senior management in developing plans, implementing initiatives and assessing performance
- Recommends and implements improvements to schedules, policies and procedures to advance unit
- Serves as resource expert on enrollment practices to resolve complex student issues, and assists
students with special circumstances in receiving support
- Plans and executes workshops, orientation sessions, and events to acquaint students with enrollment
- Reviews and approves content for print and on-line enrollment materials
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
- May manage professional and/or clerical staff as well as department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' relevant experience required.
- Advanced degree preferred
- Direct experience with student recruitment highly desirable
- Experience with higher education policies, practices, and administration
- Experience with labor, community, and non-profit institutions preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Evidence of effective team-building preferred
- Evidence of ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Excellent writing, speaking, and interpersonal skills preferred
- Competence in a range of computer applications (e.g. internet research, MS Office, social media and
student registration systems) preferred
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How To Apply
Please apply using the link below:
***If you are unable to upload your application please email@example.com. Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for and that you have submitted your application online.***
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.