Academic Program Specialist (HEasst)–Master of Arts in Applied Theatre Program
- Job Class: Managerial/Professional
- Job ID Number: 9908
- Department: School of Professional Studies
- Location: SPS: School of Professional Studies
- Closing Date: JAN 26, 2014
Campus Specific Information
CUNY's School of Professional Studies (SPS) offers innovative undergraduate and graduate level courses, certificates and degree programs, including CUNY's first online degree programs. Drawing on CUNY's nationally and internationally renowned faculty and practitioners, SPS offers programs in a wide range of disciplines, including Master's programs in Applied Theatre, Labor Studies and Disability Studies.
The Academic Program Specialist for CUNY's School of Professional Studies Master of Arts in Applied Theatre Program will assist in the day-to-day operations of the Program as well as student advisement, academic planning, and coordination of the Program.
Participates in the daily coordination of academic and administrative activities of a College's specialized academic program under management direction.
- Supports program development, student service delivery, outcome evaluation and instructor/student recruitment, enrollment, and retention.
- Recommends, implements and evaluates strategies to expand program offerings
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
- Develops and maintains relationships with various College offices to improve student and faculty services
- Serves as resource expert regarding program policies and procedures
- Oversees office recordkeeping; manages updates of program web and print materials
- May supervise office operations and/or department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required.
- At least four years relevant work experience in an urban higher education setting
- Experience with a graduate cohort strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Theatre-in-Education pedagogy strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications and web-enabled communications
- Experience in student database systems
- Excellent customer service orientation and personable nature
- Strong writing, reporting, and editing skills including the ability to present information in a coherent manner
- Ability to communicate effectively and act as a member of a team
- Must be well organized and patient with a blend of technical and analytical skills, initiative, and independence
- Ability to prioritize, establish, and meet goals and milestones, including the ability to make judgment calls and to respond tactfully in all situations
- Ability to follow up, detail-oriented with ability to deal with many concurrent issues
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How To Apply
Please apply using the link below:
Make sure to upload a cover letter and resume (as one document) with the contact information of 3 professional references by the closing date.
***If you are unable to upload your application please email@example.com. Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for and that you have submitted your application online.***
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.