Assistant or Associate Professor - Health Care or Public Health Management
- Job Class: Faculty
- Job ID Number: 9451
- Department: CUNY School of Public Health
- Location: CUNY School of Public Health
- Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Click Here to apply
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Performs teaching, research and guidance duties in area(s) of expertise. Shares responsibility for committee and department assignments including administrative, supervisory, and other functions.
The City University of New York (CUNY) School of Public Health (SPH) invites applications for a tenuretrack position in Public Health or Health Care Management, at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, commensurate with experience. The CUNY SPH is a collaborative school, accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health. It includes the public health programs at Brooklyn, Hunter and Lehman Colleges, and the Graduate School and University Center. We offer a range of innovative bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs with a focus on urban health.
We seek a dynamic individual, eager to play a leadership role in the development of teaching, research, and practice in public health and health care management and administration. This 9-month, tax levyfunded appointment (with the possibility of an additional one to three month (summer) appointment for research and/or administrative responsibilities) will be made at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor (commensurate with experience) at the CUNY SPH. This faculty member may also be considered for appointment to the Doctoral Faculty, pending review and approval by the CUNY Graduate Center.
- Teaching undergraduate and graduate (BS, MPH and DPH) courses in public health or health care management and administration and helping to develop new courses, as needed.
- Providing leadership and vision for the programs in public health policy and management.
- Leading, participating in, and seeking funding with interdisciplinary research teams that will conduct studies of public health and health care services and organizations.
- Participating in organizational assessment and accreditation of the CUNY SPH.
Ph.D. degree in area(s) of experience or equivalent. Also required are the ability to teach successfully, demonstrated scholarship or achievement, and ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution.
Candidates with expertise in practice, teaching, and research in public health or health care management and administration in urban settings are encouraged to apply. We are especially interested in candidates with managerial expertise in health care, public health, and non-profit settings who can translate practice into research, policy development, and teaching. The selected candidate should have outstanding experience teaching undergraduate, masters, and doctoral courses and a strong research portfolio in health care management or administration in urban settings.
It is also desirable that candidates have:
- Undergraduate and graduate teaching experience and a passion for teaching
- A demonstrated record of productive scholarship (successful grant-making portfolio and peer-reviewed publications) in the areas of public health management or administration
- Experience in organizational and/or program assessment and evaluation
- Managerial experience across multiple sectors such as health care, public health, non-profit, and academia
- Research experience in public health and/or health care or other non-academic settings
- Expertise in urban health systems and administration or management of intersectoral health initiatives
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
How To Apply
Please apply using the link below:
***If you are unable to upload your application please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for and that you have submitted your application online.***
Candidates should provide a CV/resume and statement of scholarly interests. Open until filled with review of applications to begin on January 22, 2014.
The CUNY SPH is also recruiting for faculty positions in related disciplines. Please visit our website at https://home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu/psp/cnyepprd/GUEST/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?FolderPath=PORTAL_ROOT_OBJECT.HC_HRS_CE_GBL2&IsFolder=false&IgnoreParamTempl=FolderPath%252cIsFolder for a description of and to apply for these positions.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.