Facilities Property Coordinator
- Job Class: Managerial/Professional
- Job ID Number: 10402
- Department: School of Professional Studies
- Location: SPS: School of Professional Studies
- Closing Date: JUN 19, 2014
Campus Specific Information
The CUNY School of Professional Studies of the City University of New York (CUNY SPS) leads the University in developing and offering online bachelor's degrees for students who wish to complete their undergraduate studies, and trains faculty throughout CUNY in online instruction. CUNY SPS also offers master's degrees, certificates, and non-degree programs, and is home to the Joseph S. Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies, which offers higher education programs for working adults and union members, and serves as a nationally-recognized center for scholarship and resources for labor, academic, and community leaders seeking a deeper understanding of labor and urban issues.
Reporting to the Director of Campus Operations, and working closely with the Office of Budget and Finance, the Facilities Property Coordinator will manage effective property management procedures for CUNY SPS and will:
- Ensure that assets are correctly identified, tagged and accounted for at all CUNY SPS offices/locations, in accordance with University, State and Federal regulations, from acquisition through disposal.
- Ensure appropriate protocol is followed for disposal of assets.
- Conduct periodic physical inventories to verify asset records.
- Responsible for recording new assets, changes to existing assets, and asset disposals utilizing the asset management database.
- Work closely with the Accounts Payable and Purchasing Departments to confirm the delivery, receipt and payment of inventorial equipment and software.
- Other duties as assigned.
Maintains and tracks fixed assets and equipment.
- Coordinates and communicates with Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Receiving, and Storeroom personnel to track and manage fixed assets inventories
- Conducts physical inventories of College property in accordance with established federal, state, and city policies and procedures
- Works with College Public Safety personnel to safeguard property and maintain proper equipment control
- Maintains systems and databases to track assets; prepares and reviews routine reconciliation reports
- Assists in proper equipment disposal, transfer and salvage activities following City, State, and Federal regulations, and in accordance with University policy
- Assists in records management
- May supervise personnel in conducting inventory and performing routine tasks
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- A least two years of experience working in facilities or related field.
- At least two years of experience with tracking physical inventories.
- Experience with tracking databases and ability to produce reports.
- Some project management experience preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Some experience with CUNYFirst or PeopleSoft preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
Commensurate with qualification and experience.
How To Apply
Please apply using the link below:
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
***If you are unable to upload your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for and that you have submitted your application online.***
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.